Some books, movies, and websites are created by or with professional
scientists. These are more likely to be correct and up-to-date. Look on
the front or back cover for further information about who created the
resource. Examples of age-appropriate resources that PRI recommends include
- Aliki, 1990. Fossils Tell of Long Ago. Harper Trophy.
- Aliki, 1996. Wild and Wooly Mammoths. Harper Collins.
- Howard, J. 1997. I Can Read About Fossils. Troll Associates.
- Parker, S., Visscher, P., Hewetson, N., Turvey, R., 1997. Eyewitness
Explorers: Rocks and Minerals. DK Pub.
- Pellant, C. 2000. The Best Book of Rocks, Fossils, and Minerals.
Larousse Kingfisher Chambers.
- Pope, J. 1994. Fossil Detective. Troll Associates.
- Discovery Channel: Raising the Mammoth. 2000
- Nova Television: Mammoths of the Ice Age. 1995
- Eyewitness Video: Prehistoric life. 1996