Maple Fest 2017
Maple Fest 2017
Saturday, March 18 - Sunday, March 19
9 am - 2 pm
Join the Cayuga Nature Center for our annual celebration of all things maple at Maple Fest 2017!
This year's Maple Fest will feature live music (10am to 2pm), a delicious pancake breakfast (9am to 2pm), live animal presentations (programs begin at 11am and 1pm), and fun, education activities, crafts, vendors, and maple-tapping demonstrations throughout the day. Come discover the science behind one of upstate New York's most valuable forest products!
Due to heavy snow, parking along our driveway will be limited. However, we will have a Gadabout bus shuttle from our Bee Yard parking lot on Houghton Road to the Lodge. Please head there and take our shuttle to the pancake breakfast! We also suggest carpooling as an alternative and eco-friendly option: we recommend Finger Lakes Rideshare.
- Pancakes (New Hope Mills)
- Maple Syrup (Mapleland Farms)
- Apple Crisp (apples donated by Cornell Orchards)
- Sausage Links
- Coffee (Copper Horse Coffee)
- Orange Juice
- Live Animal Programs: 11am and 1pm (both days) - Discover the amazing Animal Ambassadors that call the Nature Center home!
- Cloud In a Jar: 1pm - See a miniature cloud form right before your eyes, and learn how real clouds form in the sky
- Maple Tour with Professor Brian Chabot (Saturday ONLY at noon): Learn about the history, biology, and technology of maple sugar production and the impact of climate change on a walking tour of the Nature Center’s maple trail with Dr. Brian Chabot, Professor Emeritus, Cornell University. Professor Chabot is an expert on the ecology of sugar maple as a dominant forest tree species, the technologies used to produce sugar sustainably, and the future of the maple sugar industry.
- Maple Table: (all day, both days) - Learn all about the science behind maple trees by exploring this educational display table
- 10:00 Technicolor Trailer Park (Genre: Folk)
- 11:00 Dave Richman and Paul Fairbanks (Genre: Rock/Blues)
- 12:00 DnT (Genre: Folk)
- 1:00 Jaynie Crash and the Tallmen (Genre: Americana, Bluegrass)
- 10:00 Tylor Hubbard and Friends (Genre: Folk)
- 11:00 Bittersweet (Genre: Bluegrass)
- 12:00 Crow Weaver and Hope Rongo (Genre: Folk)
- 1:00 The West Hillbillies (Genre: Bluegrass and Folk)