Summer Solstice Celebration
Saturday, Jun 18 | 11am - 4pm
Included with regular admission
Celebrate the start of summer! Join us Saturday June 18th, 11am-4pm at the Cayuga Nature Center for our Summer Solstice celebration.
Jump into summer with a day filled with educational, interactive and lively programs. Nature-lovers of all ages will get to witness big changes and renovations in our Live Animal Collection Room, spend some time with our Animal Ambassadors for a live animal program and feeding, meet our Camp Director for a Summer Camp open house, and enjoy sweet treats for a bake sale.
Get excited to experience our lovely animals enjoying lunch at a live animal feeding. A few animals include: snakes, turtles and lizards, as well as our outdoor Animal Ambassadors, Daisy the red fox, Ace the red-tailed hawk, and our newest Ambassador, Ichabod the turkey vulture.
The real fun begins outdoors: identify flowers and insects of all types at the opening of our butterfly garden for the season, hike our trails and grounds, and make sure to explore our six-story treehouse.
- Butterfly garden opening and activities: Self-Guided tour of butterfly garden. Education table near garden with Nets and Bug Jars available for loan and Butterfly ID guides (11am - 4pm)
- Climate Change Activity (TBD)
- Summer Camp Open House - Meet the Camp Director: Meet and Greet with Camp Director. Pick up marketing material about camp or even register in person. (11am - 1pm & 2 - 4pm)
- Live Animal Feeding: Watch our Animal Staff and volunteers feed our Animal Ambassadors. Live feedings include snakes, turtles/tortoises, lizards and outdoor animals too; fox, hawk and vulture. (12pm)
- Staff Bake Sale (11am - 4pm)
With Community Support From Borg Warner